Monday, July 26, 2010

Oregon from an Outsider



This is the second time I've made it to the coastline of Oregon. That area of the country is so beautiful! I still remember every vivid detail from my first trip and to be honest, I was kind of worried about this trip. There was so much excitement. Could it live up to it? On the drive from Portland to Tillamook, the woods didn't disappoint. I am fascinated by all the green. Oregon is everything that Northern Minnesota is, but bigger and wilder. Then the coastline, I love it. My friend Amy (also an amazing photographer)took me and her family to a lighthouse. I opened the car door and was instantly mesmerized. The salty breeze, waves crashing, and the birds. I found my feet wandering to an overlook leaving everyone else behind. I couldn't help myself. There are times in life where everything that you are looking at just seems to incredible to be real. I felt that way again. I wonder if the residents feel that way everyday, I hope so. To Amy and the wonderful coastline, thank you so much, I walked away with a little more appreciation of how lucky I am.

That's right. A whole month! This is a first time in a while that I have gotten a post a week in forever! I'm conflicted here. After this previous week, I realized that Monday's maybe aren't the best day for me to post these blogs, I do a lot of stuff on the weekends! At the same time, I've actually kept at it. Don't fix it unless it is broken...

As a side note, next week I am on vacation, I highly doubt I'll be posting anything. I could surprise you though. I promise I'll have a lot of stuff coming here to make up for it!

No comments: