Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One more notch...







As all of you just found out, I have been working on logos, watermarks, and all the other things that go into branding yourself. This has been a LONG arduous journey that is almost at a close and I am so happy to have it finished. I'll talk more about that later though...

Last weekend, I went back to my Grandparents farm. Normally when I am there all I do is eat, maybe that is pretty much still what happened but, this time I did manage to take a few pictures. Two of these images I actually left a crab dinner to take. I wish I could control when the sun rises and sets!

What is a family eating a crab dinner for in the middle of a MN winter?? It's an excuse to get together!! I love this tradition, maybe someday we'll come up with one that doesn't revolve around food, but until then I am always happy to head to my grandparent's house to gain a couple of pounds. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate,
Love the last one in the series!

Did you post-process it to get the barn in such a hue or how did you do it?

It looks very X-file-ish ;o)


Also loved your other winter pictures.
I've been trying to get out here myself, have one or two images up on my blog too.

Nate Schmidt said...

Thanks Arno! The last photo is almost straight out of camera. I bumped the contrast a bit, but that is it. It is a 30 sec exposure at midnight. The green hue is from a Halide flood light. (Sorry I don't know the exact light) Then the red sky is because we are about 5 miles away from a small city and the clouds are catching the light from there. We pulled in at night so I saw right away that I wanted to play with the colors!