Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!


Yes, yes, I know. This is coming a little late. Okay, more like really late. For those of you who read this you'll be happy to know that this blog is part of my New Year's resolution. I didn't go crazy and say that I am going to blog everyday but instead I am going to blog a couple of times a week. To do this I think I have to change what I was writing about a little bit. From now on I think I will be writing a lot more about photography and its practice. A lot of what I am or have been doing. We'll see how that goes. I hope it will keep me writing much more often.

I photographed the Keller wedding last weekend and the pictures that came of it I am pretty proud of. I have to say that of all the weddings that I have done this was at the top because of the bride and groom. They were head over heels in love. Not every wedding is like that. It is a privilege to photograph a couple on a day that means so much to them and I thank them for it!

I'm sorry everyone but the next few blogs are going to be loaded with stuff about this wedding.

This first picture is one of my favorites. I have this thing for hands. I think they tell a story better than a face does sometimes. Every wedding I try and get a couple of images of just the hands. All of them candid because what fun is a posed picture of a hand??? I look at this image and see so many feelings. Love, anticipation, and comfort are at the top of the list.

It so funny how such a simple picture tell the story of a moment. That is all I strive for in my photography. I want to project what inspires me into my images.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Nate! So glad to see you blogging again. I had a similar resolution in the back of my mind, but I elected to work on putting together my website a bit better first.

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the work you did for the Keller wedding. I saw some of your other posted picture and they're just great! Way to go!

Looks like you've been busy. Your website looks great!

Take care, and let me know how you're doing.

-Missy

Nate Schmidt said...

Thanks so much Missy! I am trying to stay as busy as possible but I need more clients for that! Let me know when your site is done I would be happy to look it over for you. Take care and talk to you soon.