Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Clone or not to Clone...

Lately, I am living in Photoshop. To those of you who know me, you know that that isn't a comfortable place for me to live. My photography tends to be real. I want to photograph it the way I saw it. Embellishing is just not my style I guess.

Photoshop is a crazy world where anything is possible if you can think it up and then take the time to create it. Some people flourish in it. I don't.

Don't get me wrong, I think Photoshop is an amazing tool. I just don't want to use it much. My teachers refer to Photoshop time as butt time. I couldn't agree more. I would much rather think for two minutes in the field than spend an hour fixing that thing that would have been gone if I moved 2 feet to the left.

Then there is the fact that Photoshop can be used to create a personal vision or style to their photography. This is the side that I kind of understand but have not yet figured out how to apply. Maybe I am too real for it. Maybe I just haven't seen someone with the style I want to emulate.. Either way, I think it is the biggest thing that is lacking in my photography. I'm hoping that someday soon I can identify where my direction is because I have been looking far too long!

No comments: