Thursday, September 4, 2008

The power of people

Last weekend was one of the best weekends I have had since I was here. I spent most of it out shooting but hardly any of the time was I further than a half mile from my house. For anyone who has seen quite a bit of my photography, they know that I don't shoot people that much. I think it is mostly my introvert personality. I really need to get over that.

Putting a person in a photo adds so much story. There is story in there expression, their posture, or their hands. It's refreshing to shoot without really knowing what is going to happen or even if you do, getting that decisive moment. I love shooting weddings. As the photographer, I am given a chance to share in the emotion of their day and capturing that is an amazing feeling. Who knows, I may be a closet people shooter. If that is the case, I better get out there and do it more!

No comments: