Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My first trip around Montana








The last day before class began, Wayne (also another RMSP student who I lived with over the course of the summer) and I decided to see Montana. Thinking back, I'm really glad that we did this. It was the last time of going out and just being myself. For the rest of the summer anytime my eye was behind the camera I was thinking about everything that I have been taught. While this is great, it also got in my way creatively.

We decided to walk around town first and then we proceeded to Garnet Ghost Town. I mean we are in Montana aren't we?? Garnet became a source of inspiration to a lot of the students this summer. I only got out there once and I really regret that. I would have loved to go out there after my skills got a little more polished off.

The Indian pictures are from Missoula while we were walking around. It is a statue that is made out of an old car in front of the University in town. The artists in Missoula are so creative everywhere you look there is something else that makes the city unique.

No comments: