Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope



Who would have thought that I would have posted more blogs while I was at school than when I arrived home?? I know I wouldn't have. I thought today was kind of the perfect day to start back up.

Today is a wonderful day because the elections. I have to say that I am excited to be an American for the first time in a while. It was revitalizing to see all the people turn out to support their candidates. Not to mention that for the first time ever we have an African American president. I'd also like to compliment McCain on his concession speech it was truly into the man's great character that he could take a defeat and speak with such a positive message.

I'm taking the feeling that I have today and going to cherish it. I hope that you all do to.

5 comments:

aschmid said...

That photo is beautiful Nate, where did you take it?

Anna said...

quite the hopeful shot. nice choice, beautiful photo.

Missy said...

Nate...that's an absolutely beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great capture, Nate!
The sun comes up for the US, after a long time of darkness.
Very symbolic ;)

Nate Schmidt said...

Sorry everyone, I didn't see your comments! This was taken at Nine Pipes in Montana. Believe it or not I had deleted this and wouldn't have had it if my hard drive didn't crash! There is always a silver lining. The picture works for that too....:)