Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Neverending Journey


I left Minnesota without a path. I had bushwhacked my entire life but could never find it. This one summer has taught me that all that bushwhacking was just part of the journey. The basic principle of a path is that it requires a journey to take it. I would grow bored with my life if it wasn't a challenge here and there. This summer I was on a paved trail. I grew more this summer than I had in the last couple of years. I changed. I evolved. With 10 days left, I can see the branches closing in on me. I may get snagged here and there but I am still moving. When I get home, I know that things are going to be difficult. Change always is. This time though I have a purpose, I have focus, and I have desire. It's an amazing thing when you find what you were meant to do. From now on, I am going forward. For the rest of my life, I know my direction. I'd like to think of it as my machete.....

No comments: